The mission of the Folk Music Society of Midland is to:
- Promote interest and educate the public in traditional music, folklore, and dance.
- Provide a forum for musicians, dancers and storytellers with an interest in traditional music.
- Provide services to the community via sponsorship of society meetings, concerts, festivals, and workshops designed to maintain these traditional heritages.
The Folk Music Society of Midland (Michigan) is an affiliate of the Country Dance and Song Society, which qualifies the FMSM as a tax-exempt, non-profit organization. Contributions are tax deductible under the IRS 501 (c)(3) tax code.
Board MeetingsBoard meetings are held in one of the basement conference rooms at Grace A. Dow Memorial Library on the second Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. If Midland Public Schools are canceled that day, the FMSM Board meeting will also be canceled.
In addition to our website, you can find news about coming events posted on our Facebook page. Joining our Yahoo Newsgroup is also a good way to keep in touch and up-to-date.
The Folk Music Society of Midland (FMSM) is made up of music enthusiasts who come together to celebrate traditional folk music and dance. New members are always welcome to join at any time and can select the membership option which best fits their needs.
Download the Membership Form and select your preferred membership option:
- Individual Membership $12.00 per year
- Family Membership $18.00 per year includes all persons living in the same house
- Patron $25.00 per year
- Benefactor $50.00 per year
For more information please contact our Membership Chairman, Bell Atwater at
- Louis DuPuis: President
- Joann and Paul Satkowiak: Vice President, Jolly Hammers and Strings, Festival Workshop
- Julia Dryzga: Secretary, Grants, Community Relations
- Bell and Cliff Atwater: Treasurer
(includes all officers plus the following people)
- Ray Brown: Concert Committee
- Pat Darby: Publicity, Jolly Hammers and Strings, SUGAR
- Cilla Jones: Midland Traditional Dancers
- Jerry Hickman: Midland Traditional Dancers Chair, Sound Consultant
- Ken Lukowski: Historian, Publicity
Additional Useful People
- Katherine Machul: Elections
- Gary Machul: Mt. Haley Jam and Sound
- George and Jin Wilkins: Festival Camping
- Jeff Despard: Festival Stage Manager
- Theron Brayman: Web Design
- Diane Rostollan: Newsletter Editor
- John Hunt: S.U.G.A.R., P.E.A.N.U.T., Facebook, Yahoo News Group
- Kris Goodwin : Community Relations, Concert Committee
- 989-513-3246 or firstname.lastname@example.org